Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Southern Blizzard 2010

Well, the weatherman was right . The snow actually came this time. My kids stood by the window all day Friday just waiting for those first few flakes. By that afternoon, it was time to play!
You can tell my kids are not used to being around snow. Griffin has seen it several times so he dressed appropriately. On the other hand, Laney has played in it maybe twice so she runs outside in a tank top and pants with no gloves, jacket or hat. She quickly learned she needed more on. This was Ella's first time to play in the snow. She was asleep last year when it snowed in Birmingham( we were on our way back from a youth conference and pulled over on the side of the road to play. I tried to wake her up but she wouldn't budge). I dressed her but she still complained about it being to cold. I guess she gets it from me. I am not a cold weather person. Give me the beach and the sun and I am happy!

They built a little snowman. I guess they did not want to use up all the snow in the beginning.





Ella's mouth is red in this picture from chewing on a snowman's eye(gumball).



Every time I saw Laney she had a ball of snow and was eating on it.










Nothing like taking a break for hot chocolate and snowman cookies.





Carmel was in Atlanta all day. So when he got home that night we headed back outside for some more fun in the snow.



















After a restful night, it was time for more snow fun.




Laney eating on the snow.......AGAIN!
We wonder how much of Chewy's poop was balled up in those snow balls?

















Griffin made a bigger snowman the next day.




While most of the snow is gone, the bottom part of this snowman is still hanging on outside.






After a full day of fun, Mrs. Crissy treated the kids to a heart shaped pizza.



























No comments:

Post a Comment